[openbox] Openbox + composite recommendations?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Dec 17 10:51:35 EST 2009

   Does anyone have a recommendation for using compositing with openbox?
I'm currently using xcompmgr (just started a fortnight ago), and while it's
great just off the bat, on my home PC I find it starts slugging everything
after a day or so and I have to restart it (xcompmgr;  I'm using a pipe-menu
I found on the Net for that).

   I know that xcompmgr has a bit of a reputation is this respect (although
I'm not suffering at all on my more powerful PC at work;  may be the cheap
nvidia card I have at home), but the only alternative I could see (without
binning openbox, which I don't want to do) was cairo-compmgr, and that seems
to be bit-rotting.

   Anyone else using compositing OK with openbox?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature