[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.4.8 released

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Tue Dec 8 17:15:56 EST 2009

It's been a while but we're pleased to announce a new Openbox release.

You can view all the detailed changes here:
http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Changelog#3.4.8
and download it from here: http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Download

Largely this release fixes bugs reported by users, especially in terms
of focusing new windows, or through the _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message
used by pagers/panels etc.

GNOME/Openbox (aka openbox-gnome-session) should work out of the box
again, with newer versions (> 2.22) of GNOME.

Many translations have been updated, and three new translations are
now included: Danish, Turkish, and Lithuanian. (Thank you,
translators!)

Google Chrome will now work correctly when you toggle it between using
system borders or its own.

Struts with multiple monitors should work better now. More changes
will come, pending some discussion in the wm-spec mailing list. We're
working to make struts/panels as flexible as possible with multiple
monitors.

We've added support for clicking through shaped windows.

We no longer will try hard to prevent focus from moving while a
keyboard grab is in place. In practice this should help make fewer
surprises for our users, but may cause buggy applications to track
their focus incorrectly. We're hoping that the buggy apps are in the
minority by this point.

And lastly, the Exit and SessionLogout actions have similar
functionality, so we've decided to merge them together. Both actions
still exist but they both do the right thing based on how you are
running Openbox.

Cheers.