[openbox] cannot get Openbox to start on Ubuntu 9.04

Schild, ChristianHelge ChristianHelge.Schild at delaval.com
Sat Aug 8 05:21:27 EDT 2009

That was a typo, it was actually named .xinitrc

> Are you certain that the xorg package you installed, also has the mouse
> "stuff"?

I thought the Ubuntu package comes with everything needed. I looked in the Xorg.0.log (under/var/log, I will attach it) and found some lines on "Macintosh mouse button emulation". I have a serial three button Logitech mouse attached to COM1.

> What happens if you comment out "exec openbox" in your init file, and then > run startx, is the mouse working?

Then it goes back to the console after some seconds and reports some errors on setting tilling for front, back and depth buffer.

Chris

"This is an e-mail from a DeLaval company. This e-mail is confidential
and may also be privileged. Please delete the email and notify us
immediately if you are not the intended recipient. DeLaval does not
enter into contracts or contractual obligations via electronic mail,
unless otherwise agreed in writing between parties concerned.
Thank you."