[openbox] new menus won't appear

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:10:51 EDT 2009

2009/8/5 Renato <rennabh at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:48:35 +0200
> Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, I'm not psychic. Please post your menu.xml file and explain
>> what you did, and what you expected it to do.
>>

> Attached is my menu.xml. I did minor changes to it from the default,
> changing some keybindings and adding some menu items.
>
> What I want to do is: add new menus at the highest level. The default
> here for me are Accessories, Editors, Graphics and others, I would like
> to add a menu Audio at the same level as those (highest), but if I try
> adding a new menu it won't show up.
>
> sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my first mail.

You have to add it in the root-menu if you want it to show up in the
root-menu. Either you can just add the whole definition there, or you
can do what you've done, and add this:

	<menu id="root-menu" label="Openbox 3">
		<separator label="Applications"/>
		<menu id="None-591759"/>
		<menu id="apps-accessories-menu"/>
		<menu id="apps-editors-menu"/>

But I would recommend choosing a more intuitive id for your new menu,
like apps-audio-menu.

--
Mikael Magnusson