[openbox] problems with tilde characters in commands

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Mon Apr 6 19:14:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:47:15 +1000
Lennon Cook <lennon at riscque.net> wrote:

| Anthony Thyssen <anthony at griffith.edu.au> wrote:
| > How can I get Openbox to give a command a '~' in the argument without
| > openbox erroneously expanding it?
| Try using &tilde; , eg:
|         <command>xte 'usleep 500000' \
|                      'str
| http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/&tilde;anthony/'</command>

As I said in my original report, I already tried this...

   One or more XML syntax errors were found ......
   Entity 'tilde' not defined

I also had tried to use  &#7E;

   xmlParseCarRef: invalid xmlChar value 0

In other words, not only are tilde's expanded when they shouldn't be
(in the middle of a quoted argument) but openbox does not follow
normal XML syntax rules either!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>