[openbox] Feature wish: Snap windows to edges when moving them with the mouse

Kai Großjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Fri Sep 12 06:41:44 EDT 2008

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> So you mean that when you hold Shift down and move, it _only_ snaps to
> edges and you can't move at all into the space in between?
Yes, exactly.  It's great!  (Without Shift, I can move it into the space
in between, of course, so there is no loss in functionality.)

FWIW, this works both for holding Shift and dragging the titlebar of the
window, and for holding Alt-Shift and dragging the window itself.  (So I
just have to hit the window, not the small titlebar.)  (Perhaps it's
Win-Shift or Super-Shift or Hyper-Shift  instead of Alt-Shift, but you
get the idea and it's customizable anyway.)

Kai