Gnome-terminal and xfce4-terminal leaving window artifacts

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 21:10:55 EDT 2008

I'm running Openbox 3.4.6.1 along with the gnome settings daemon,
pypanel and xcompmgr for window drop shadows.

I find that dragging a gnome-terminal or xfce4-terminal window around
leaves artifacts on the desktop. Turning off xcompmgr makes this go
away. However, no other apps I use seem to leave artifacts and xterm
for instance doesn't leave artifacts either.

Any ideas where the problem might lie?

I haven't used openbox in a while, but I don't remember having
artifact problems with gnome-terminal before. I have installed and
used Xfce4 in the past few months. Maybe something in xfce is still
running which is causing the problem?

Thanks,

RQ