[openbox] Can't focus borderless terminal

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:35:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've no idea why urxvt's test for motif hints fails under xorg 1.5.2,
> I can't upgrade past 1.3 because of the binary nvidia driver. And yes,
> Openbox lets you specify borderlessness for the terminal, if you use
> urxvt -name urxvt-borderless or something, you can match it with
> name="urxvt-borderless" in the <applications> section.

Thanks for the hint, this works perfectly for my use.

Well, it appears xorg used to set the hint that urxvt checks for, but maybe
> it stopped doing so in 1.5.2. The next version of openbox will explicitly
> set it. As a workaround you can add this line to
> /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy if it isn't there (it is for me),
> _MOTIF_WM_INFO          root    arw

I don't know why, but I don't have a file called SecurityPolicy anywhere on
my machine (nor a dir called xserver). I guess I could try creating this
file, but your previous solution is enough for me :)

Thanks,
Scott