margin disappears

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Oct 21 03:26:10 EDT 2008

i'm a new openbox user (from e17) and generally happy with it.  at
first, i was annoyed, because i could not switch desktops by moving
mouse over the edge.  i solved that problem by adding a 2 pixel left and
right margin, which then allows me to switch desktops by scrolling mouse
wheel at left and right edge.

when openbox starts, it opens for me automatically an eterm window and
places it next to the left margin.  however, when i switch desktops a
few times, my eterm window has suddenly moved itself over the left
margin and there is no space anymore between it and the edge.

i have not been able to reproduce this reliably.  it just happens after
a while.  it this a know bug and is there something i can do to avoid
it?  i tried to search the archives, but didn't find anything.

-- juha