[openbox] Any workaround for bug #3551 (keyboard shortcuts disabled by VMWare)?

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Fri May 16 10:22:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Niels Berglund wrote:

> Mikael Magnusson wrote:

>> >  [snip]
>>  You can probably fix it by commenting out the calls in event.c in the if
>>  that checks (e->type == MappingNotify), if you don't mind compiling from
>>  source.
> That fixed it (commenting out the code in the else if check (e->type ==
> MappingNotify)!! Thanks!! The question is now what side effects it will have,
> if any?!! Anyway, so far so good!!
>
> Thanks again!!!

The only side effect should be that if you change your keyboard layout by
for example setxkbmap dvorak, your keybinds won't change until you
reconfigure or restart openbox. Since the gains seem to be lower than the
trouble I might remove this feature in the next version, unless Dana can
fix it more.

--
Mikael Magnusson