[openbox] Single Key NextWindow

Delcides F. Sousa Jr delcides at gmail.com
Sun May 11 23:07:13 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Knute <knuteh at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  >    Note that <alt> is a modifier. If you try to make
>  > NextWindow work
>  > without involving at least one modifier you'll get the
>  > problem he's
>  > reporting. I asked the same question some time ago ( I was
>  > trying to
>  > bind mouse clicks on RootWindow to NextWindow).
>  >
>  > Delcides.
>
>  Ummm... No.  There is nothing set up for that switch key in openbox.   I think it's something with the driver for the keyboard that auto sets it.

  Ok. Just to clarify what I'm talking about:

 <context name="Root">
    <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
        <action name="NextWindow">
           <allDesktops>yes</allDesktops>
        </action>
    </mousebind>
 </context>

      Now, if you left-click on the root window, you get the dialog
and a properly selected window, but it will only be focused if you
press <Return>. If you use "Ctrl-Left" or any sort of modifier the
window will focus as soon as you release the key. You get the same
behaviour with the keybind. For example:

   <keybind key="Next">
      <action name="NextWindow"/>
   </keybind>

Regards,