[openbox] Re: I need help

Charles H. Tankersley chtank at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:24:20 EDT 2008

I forgot to mention, too, that I can come onto OFTC, join #openbox, and then
we can found a channel called #openbox-help if you like. I am also in
#pclinuxos and pclinuxos-support on freenode and have my own IRC link for
irc.deepspace.org, and am in #lobby, #thinktank, and #TKE. On
deepspace.orgI am a netadmin.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Delcides F. Sousa Jr <delcides at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Charles H. Tankersley <chtank at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Charles H. Tankersley <chtank at gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > > My name is Charles H. Tankersly, aka chtank. I am a volunteer IRC
> > > Network Administrator and chief web master/developer for
> > > http://www.deepspace2.org, a non-profit network to aid and assist the
> > > elderly and disabled computer users mainstream on the Internet.
> > >
> > > I have been testing TinyMe, a product of PCLinuxOS, for use for the
> > > clients of deepspace.org. TinyMe (and minime), however, use openbox
> for
> > > their desktop. I have been touring your documentation to try and find
> > > ways to "fix" some glitches that will enable the blind, vision
> impaired,
> > > and otherwise disabled users to rely on openbox. One of the problems,
> > > serious problem for the disabled and novice user is that all the
> > > "tutorials" are written in geek. Most of us are not knowledgeable with
> > > programming language nor are the able to sue the command line very
> well.
> > > This is why most are remaining with Windows and avoiding much of what
> > > open source has to offer. Can you please help me, too, since I know
> html
> > > and use the W3C Accessibility standards but not commandline nor any
> > > other programming language. BTW, I am 75 years old and retired from
> > > Engineering as a Principle Mechanical Designer, Parsons Engineering
> > > Corporation, Power and Petrochemical Division. I am not a programmer
> and
> > > was forced to use the computer for my engineering documentation.
> > >
> > > Yours,
> > > Charles H. Tankersley
> > > aka chtank
> > >

> > --
> > chtank
>
>     Ok. How can I help ? Would you mind give an example ?
>
> Regards,
>
>   Delcides.
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to openbox-unsubscribe at icculus.org