Having transparency "issues"

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Jun 23 16:57:24 EDT 2008

Howdy,

I am running openbox 3.4.7.2 on FreeBSD 8-current, with an up to date
xorg installation. I'm shopping for a new taskbar so I've tried tint
and fbpanel. However, I can't get either of them to be transparent.
I've read the FAQ, and I tried both with and without xcompmgr, no dice.

I noticed the following thread on a Debian forum, so it doesn't seem
to be OS-specific:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=27769&sid=137825ae4e86b96b2937930a9a770363

To see if it's application/type specific I also tried roxterm and that
did not work, but aterm transparency does work. Weird.

If anyone has a clue or something to try (including patches) I'm game.

Thanks,

Doug