[openbox] Openbox on Fedora

Mikael Magnusson lists at bak.och.fr.am
Tue Jul 1 08:38:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Ted X Toth wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to start an Openbox session instead of gdm on
> 'init 5' on Fedora 'rawhide' (the latest). Has anyone done this, any
> pointers? What do I need to do about /etc/X11/prefdm?

Usually you would have your login manager do auto-login of your account or
so. You can't make init 5 start openbox without a login manager, but you
can run 'startx' instead and set up your .xinitrc to launch openbox and
whatever apps you want. Stuff init starts has to be daemons, and neither X
nor openbox are daemons, but gdm is.

--
Mikael Magnusson