[openbox] Focus Stealing

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Mon Jan 21 09:42:30 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 7:44 AM, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> A number of apps (especially firefox) have the habit of popping up
> windows and stealing focus when I'm in the middle of typing something
> in another window, which is, to put it mildy, irritating.
>
> As the window manager, is there any way open box can prevent this?
>
> I can't see anything in either obconf or the openbox.rc file

There are also protocols that applications can subscribe to, to try
prevent this from happening.  Evidently, the applications you are
typing in and losing focus probably do not attempt to support them in
any way.  As mentioned, to stop focusing all new windows automatically
is the other way to approach this..

dana