[openbox] some bugs

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Tue Feb 5 11:16:40 EST 2008

lo,

On Sun, Feb 3, 2008 at 8:14 PM, vlad <vla at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>  hmm, that's strange. i changed nothing from 3.4.5 to 3.4.6, only added
>  this two lines to rc.xml. i switched back to 3.4.5 and it works again
>  the usual way. (of course, i deleted the entries again.)
>  i use the same rc.xml for long time now, just extended it with the new
>  features i needed.
>  i send the two files now.
>  now a newbie question: how to produce a backtrace? i have no idea...

so, using this rc.xml gives me no problems here..

to make a backtrace:

first use ./configure --enable-debug, and recompile/install openbox

what distro do you use?  ubuntu makes it difficult to produce a core
file at all.. if its not ubuntu though..

add "ulimit -c unlimited" to you .xinitrc before openbox (this will
let it make a core file)

run openbox and make it crash

you should now have a file ~/core.

run "gdb /path/to/openbox ~/core"
in gdb, do the command: "bt"

and then it will print the whole backtrace...

there may be more clear guides on the interwebs that might be helpful as well.

i think we may need this to have any chance of finding it..

thanks,
dana