Possible window maximize option

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Dec 8 15:42:08 EST 2008

Sometimes a badly behaved application will open a window too big for
the screen, and you can't resize it. It is possible to maximise such a
window (if you have the maximise icon on the right-hand edge of the
title bar).

This will of course actually *reduce* the size of the window so you can
see all of it. However, as the window is now 'locked' you can't move or
resize it.

I would like to see an option whereby maximise would set the window to
screen size (whatever it was previously) but still allow me to use the
move/resize controls.

I wonder if others agree with me, and how difficult it would be to
arrange.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk