[openbox] window on the top

Ctrl Alt Back ctrlaltback at whitelabel.name
Wed Apr 2 10:13:46 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:58:58AM -0400, Dana Jansens wrote:

> I'm assuming you used xprop to see what it's WM_CLASS hint is set to?
> Usually class names start with a capital letter..
It kind of works with capital Pd, thanks for the tip.
Sorry i don't know xprop, and i did not explain myself properly :
Pd has something like a console, where modal always comes on the top.

1) if you make console staying always on the top, it is in your way,
   but you can see modal when it pops up.

2) if you dont make it on the top, it is better, you can just let it
   live somewhere and save desktop space, but then modals are hidden
   somewhere under lots of other pd windows, and you end up hitting
   Alt+Tab many times.

> Pure Data must be requesting something strange for its modal dialog
> then, making it a child of a single window which is not the one you're
> working in or something.  Is it a proprietary app?  I would try it and
> see what is happening if I could.
free software and can be downloaded either as an OS-specific package,
source package, or directly from CVS :
http://puredata.info/

CtrlAltBack
--