[openbox] window on the top

Ctrl Alt Back ctrlaltback at whitelabel.name
Wed Apr 2 09:47:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

in my rc.xml :
<applications>
    <application class="*">
        <decor>no</decor>
    </application>
    <application class="pd">
        <decor>yes</decor>
	<layer>above</layer>
    </application>
</applications>

I tried all possible combinations, and Pd (Pure Data) is still not
accepting decorations, hiding modal under etc.

Also noticed strange behavior:
tried to close unsaved patch in Pd, and modal dialog opened somewhere
under other windows. Then i switch to another desktop, and when i come
back, modal is on the top.

> > Modal windows stay above windows that that they are
> > modal for, but not
> > above other windows to which they are not related.
> > There is no
> > concept of "globally modal" windows, which is very
> > much on purpose.
In other WM it works that way. in openbox, modals are lost under.
It is not question of setting modals globally, question is what is it so
different from other WM that makes pd behave this way.

> You can use rc.xml option of application based
> configs.
only option i found is <layer>above</layer>.

> There you can which that special window be on top. or
> define it on your application to open that window that way.
<decor>yes</decor> does not work either in this case,
i tried in icewm-lite and it works ok.

CtrlAltBack
--
	|||Ctrl + Alt + Back|||