[openbox] Orage and OpenBox

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Wed Sep 5 10:23:07 EDT 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:44:26 +0200
"Christian Larsson" <chl.tux at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that I can't get orage to work with openbox. I use OpenBox
> without any desktop enviroment.
> When I run orage in the terminal I get:
>
> ~$ orage
> ** Message: Orage **: Too small icon size, using static icon
>
> ** Message: Orage **: Build alarm list: Processed 0 events.
>         Found 0 alarms of which 0 are active. (Searched 0 recurring
> alarms.)
>
> and then it stopps, and I see no window at all.
>

> ps. If this isn't an openbox problem I will ask the xfce mailing
> list. But it seems to be something with the window manager.

Try checking the settings for orage, you can have it open on screen,
minimized or hidden. It sounds like you have it set to open hidden
which, if you had a system tray , is where it would show up IIRC. At
any rate, I use orage all the time w/ OB and have had no problems. You
will need to start 'xfce-setting-show' so you can get to the config.
dialog for orage.

HTH,
--
Myles