Openbox 3.4.4 with X.org: can no longer detect monitor edges?

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Nov 13 17:43:04 EST 2007

I just finished rebuilding my system using the X.org libraries.
And openbox (3.4.4) no longer recognizes my monitor edges resizing
or movement commands on my dual-head setup.

If I recompile openbox to use the older XFree86 libraries, openbox
is suddenly able to find the edges again.

Interestingly enough, I also use workrave which has the exact
opposite behaviour: it *can* now detect multiple edges with the
X.org libraries, whereas it *couldn't* detect the monitor edges
when compiled using the XFree86 libraries.

Does this ring any bells for anybody?

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli