[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.994 released

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Sun May 27 18:28:41 EDT 2007

On 5/27/07, Clay Barnes <clay.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18:18 Fri 25 May     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> > As a testament to the difficulty of making software releases, there
> > was a little bug introduced in 3.3.993 that was causing some general
> > mayhem.
> >
> > I have removed the 3.3.993 downloads, and created a new 3.3.994
> > release with the bug fixed. The new packages are available for
> > download here:
> >
> > http://openbox.org/index.php/Openbox:Download
> >
> > Sorry about that, please let us know your milage with .994, in case
> > there was something more lurking in the background.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dana
>
> Okay, while re-reading the 3.4 release notes, I didn't see a
> corresponding ResizeFromEdge action along with the MoveFromEdge
> action.  How hard would that be to implement?  I would find the resize
> more useful than the move, personally.
>
> Another question I have---I'm not sure how to do application matching
> for my situation.  I use terminal applications (mutt, elinks, cmus,
> etc.) pretty much exclusively.  Is there a way to get my various urxvt
> instances, runnning screen, running (mutt|elinks|cmus|.*) to end up on
> particular desktops?

I think most terminal programs like that have a command line argument
to set the class/name so that you can give it something context
sensitive, and then match against that.

> So far with the new system, I'm quite enjoying the changes (especially
> my long-awaited chroot!).  I've also worked a long time on vi-styled
> window managment (that pretty much eliminated my need for a
> mouse---I've even gone weeks without having one even plugged in).  Is
> there a place on the theme site for me to share my rc.xml?  I suspect
> I'm not the only OB-using vi fan...

I'm not sure there is anywhere too fitting right now, we just have the
mouse-focus example up.  So maybe you should make a section and link
to it under http://openbox.org/Help:Contents :)