[openbox] mouse-focus

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Sat May 26 18:21:05 EDT 2007

On 5/26/07, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
> On 5/26/07, hungerburg <dub at lazy.shacknet.nu> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:14:34PM +0200, hungerburg wrote:
> > >
> > > also, not to be a nuisance, a separate patch, because it may
> > > be controversial, to remove the raise action from client
> > > clicks. I think this and mouse-focus go together, or is it
> > > just me?
> >
> > Focus-follow-mouse gives me the following problem:
> > middle-click on a titlebar sends the window to the back, yet
> > focus then is not with the new top-most nor the
> > under-the-cursor window, either of which I would expect ...
>
> Change this binding, in a few places:
>
>     <mousebind button="A-Middle" action="Press">
>       <action name="Focus"/>
>       <action name="Lower"/>
>     </mousebind>
>
> to this:
>
>     <mousebind button="A-Middle" action="Press">
>       <action name="Focus"/>
>     </mousebind>
>     <mousebind button="A-Middle" action="Click">
>       <action name="Lower"/>
>     </mousebind>

In regards to the Press actions lower windows, I've changed action.c
to make the enter events happen again. In further testing, the problem
of GrabNotify focus changes seems to _only_ be affected by the
keyboard grab state, not the pointer at all. I also changed the
example rc back, as it will work the way it used to be in the next
release.

This is good news as there is no weird caveats to worry about in the
mouse bindings at least :)

Dana