[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.994 released

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:14:32 EDT 2007

On 19:25 Fri 25 May     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> On 5/25/07, Clay Barnes <clay.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 18:18 Fri 25 May     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> >> As a testament to the difficulty of making software releases, there
> >> was a little bug introduced in 3.3.993 that was causing some general
> >> mayhem.
> >>
> >> I have removed the 3.3.993 downloads, and created a new 3.3.994
> >> release with the bug fixed. The new packages are available for
> >> download here:
> >>
> >> http://openbox.org/index.php/Openbox:Download
> >>
> >> Sorry about that, please let us know your milage with .994, in case
> >> there was something more lurking in the background.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Dana
> >
> >Is it just me or are the docs down?  This is quite a problem, as the
> >changes in the rc.xml syntax have crippled my system
> >(keyboard-driven), and I need to update it!
>
> I haven't gotten to moving the config file docs to the new site, and
> updating them, nor has anyone else, yet. The old docs can be found
> here still: http://icculus.org/openbox/3/docs.php.

Well, I've looked through the docs I could find (as well as the source
tree) and I can't seem to locate how to undo a change in behaviour
between the old Etch package and the new rc.  Here's my xml snippet:

  <keybind key="W-KP_0">        <action name="DesktopPrevious"/>
</keybind>
  <keybind key="W-comma">       <action name="DesktopPrevious"/>
</keybind>
  <keybind key="W-KP_Decimal">  <action name="DesktopNext"/>
</keybind>
  <keybind key="W-period">      <action name="DesktopNext"/>
</keybind>

This section used to cycle through my desktops, showing each as I
crossed them (which helped in finding apps on other desktops).  Now I
have to let go of my Super key and go to a desktop to see it.

Another issue I've found is that I used to be able to use my direct
desktop bindings---snippet here:

dialog></action>        </keybind>
dialog></action>        </keybind>

---to peek at a desktop without going to it by never releasing the
Super modifier and aborting (with Esc) when I'm done looking at that
desktop.  The big advantage to this was that I didn't have to know
which desktop I was coming from to get back to it.

--
Clay Barnes