[RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.991 (3.4 preview release)

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Tue May 22 01:39:34 EDT 2007

We've released Openbox-3.3.991, the second preview release for 3.4.

You can download it here: http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Download

We might have held off a little more to see if any more bugs came in,
but there was a rather annoying one that affected the GNOME/Openbox
log-in (or the openbox-gnome-session command). If you logged in with
this command and didn't see Openbox, you will next time.

We didn't get a lot of bug reports so far. Either that's really great
and there aren't a lot of bugs, or people just aren't saying anything
when they see them. If you do see a bug, please do report it so that
we can address it. There is a link here for reporting them:
http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Openbox:Contribute

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed a translation! We have
already added or improved 5 translations so far.

Here's the changelog for this release, since it is pretty short:

    * Added Brazilian Portuguese translation
    * Added a rough Italian translation
    * Added Estonian translation
    * Update Polish translation
    * Make focus stealing prevention a little less intrusive,
especially with default config
    * Updates for Swedish translation
    * Fixes for decorations of maximized windows
    * Fix so that clicking in the corner of a maximized window presses
the button
    * Don't reload the session and reapply it when restarting
    * Fix for losing the original size of a window that mapped with
maximized state (or on restart)
    * Let you move splash type windows
    * Fix for window placement using wrong dimensions
    * Stop xemacs ConfigureNotify storm
    * Fix bug stopping panels from moving themselves off-screen to
hide themselves
    * Fix for GNOME/Openbox and openbox-gnome-session to use a new
session name, because GNOME won't let you replace the window manager
in the saved session
    * Don't restore session state when multiple windows have the same
identifiers, because we can't tell them apart then
(Firefox/Thunderbird)
    * Small fixes to build system to make it more reliable
    * Fix for what manpage files are distributed in the source code,
so they will not be pre-built with the wrong info

Thanks to everyone who is trying these preview releases out!