[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.990 (3.4 preview release)

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Mon May 21 11:59:15 EDT 2007

On 5/21/07, Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:57:17 -0400
> "Dana Jansens" <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone, I'm here to tell you that we've just released version
> > 3.3.990 of Openbox.
> >

> The preview release spits this at me continuously
>
> (TaskTray:28982): Wnck-WARNING **: Unhandled action type (nil)

Hi Lucas,

My quck guess would be that libwnck is saying that because of this
window property having values it doesn't know about:

_NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_CHANGE_DESKTOP,
_NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE, _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MOVE,
_NET_WM_ACTION_MINIMIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE,
_NET_WM_ACTION_FULLSCREEN, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ,
_NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT, _NET_WM_ACTION_ABOVE,
_NET_WM_ACTION_BELOW, _OB_WM_ACTION_UNDECORATE

_NET_WM_ACTION_ABOVE, _NET_WM_ACTION_BELOW are new actions that have
been approved on the NETWM mailing list, but haven't made it into the
specification yet.
_OB_WM_ACTION_UNDECORATE is our own thing. :)

There's not much to be done for that from here, though.  And maybe
it's something else, but this seems the most likely.  Their presence
doesn't change anything if wnck doesn't do anything with them though,
so don't worry.  And thanks for asking about it.

Dana