[RELEASE] Openbox 3.3.990 (3.4 preview release)

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Mon May 21 02:57:17 EDT 2007

Hi everyone, I'm here to tell you that we've just released version
3.3.990 of Openbox.

Here's what the news entry has to say about it:

The first preview release for the upcoming 3.4 is here !

You can grab a copy for yourself in various formats here:
http://openbox.org/index.php/Openbox:Download

The changelog can be found here: http://openbox.org/index.php/Openbox:Changelog

A getting started guide can be found here:
http://openbox.org/index.php/Help:Getting_started

A guide for upgrading to 3.4 can be found here:
http://openbox.org/index.php/Help:Upgrading_to_3.4

The getting started guide would be really good to read, even if you're
not new to Openbox.

The guide for upgrading goes through the huge number of changes and
improvements we've made for Openbox 3.4. Some of these changes will
affect your configuration files, so reading through it is a good idea
unless you want to use the default configuration and go from there.

Please let us know how it goes for you. It should be a remarkably bug
free release, but now that I've said that it can't possibly. We've
been making forward to this release for a long time, there is a lot of
exciting things in it. Enjoy !

You may also notice the new website.. We're moving to a wiki based
system, and we'd love your help in improving the site.

Lastly, it would be great to have Openbox 3.4 translated into as many
languages as possible. If you would be capable of helping with
translating, please go to
http://openbox.org/index.php/Openbox:Contribute for some pointers on
how to get started. Thanks !

I hope you all enjoy the new release and please help out with the new
website if you would like to.

Dana