[openbox] startupnotify from outside openbox

Tanjeff-N. Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Wed Jun 13 12:28:02 EDT 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:46:10 -0400
"Dana Jansens" <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

> Sure is, but they have to use it.  It's hard for something like gmrun
> though, because it won't know if the program its running supports it
> or not.  Something like kicker, which uses .desktop files (they
> specify support or not) can use it more easily.  I'm not sure how I'd
> do it with gmrun other than to look up the command you are running in
> all your .desktop files to see if one matches.
What happens if I use the feature with a program that doesn't support
it?

Can someone explain shortly how the feature works? It is described in
some document? I don't want you to teach me all that stuff, just give
me a hint. I have the code of gmrun, it's C++, so maybe I can just put in 2
lines to make things work.

Thanks, Tanjeff