[openbox] exposé, compositing

hungerburg dub at lazy.shacknet.nu
Wed Jun 13 07:21:41 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 09:05:15AM +0100, Hanni Ali wrote:
> Just to confirm it is a feature of Beryl, and I used Skippy for a bit with
> openbox, didn't find it massively useful, although it was better in Beryl.

skippy does not require xcompmgr: the Render/Composite version.
yet with skippy, there is delay of more than a second, before
windows arrange - xcompmgr does not help that.

running xcompmgr occasionally loads the xserver so its using 90
percent cpu, sometimes killing xcmpmgr cures that, sometimes I
had to restart the session.

also xcompmgr slows eg. desktop hopping on a grafics card that
can do sauerbraten with all FX on at 200fps.

is there a standalone compositing manager that gets actively
developped?

Peter