[openbox] Using Next/PreviousWindow with client-list-combined-menu

Matt M mmanzel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:21:45 EDT 2007

On 6/11/07, Martin Lucina <mato at kotelna.sk> wrote:
> clay.barnes at gmail.com said:
> > Though their motivation was something I disagree on, Apple came up
> > with the best solution I've seen for this scenario with Exposé "show
> > all windows." (They base their work on the theory that window
>
> Exposé is great.  The first time I used it on a friend's Mac I was
> really impressed.  If there was some way to have this feature
> in OpenBox, possibly via offloading the functionality into a separate
> process as Clay suggests, that would be great.

I missed the early part of this thread but I thought I'd add that
Exposé has been implemented in Linux at least four different times:

Skippy (around before Beryl/Compiz, wm agnostic):
 http://thegraveyard.org/skippy.php

Expocity (tacked on to Metacity, no longer maintained):
http://www.pycage.de/#expocity

Kompose (req. KDE):
http://kompose.berlios.de/

I am also pretty sure I saw this feature during my brief affair with
Beryl. FVWM can probably pull this off, too. Obviously, the only one
that would work with Openbox is Skippy. I tried it a couple years ago
and it worked pretty well. I didn't find it useful, though. I've
always used Openbox (and before that Blackbox) as my WM, so I've
adapted to spread things out over virtual desktops so things don't get
cluttered.