[openbox] [incompatibility] Game OpenGL window hangs with certain focus switches

Bernhard Stoeckner elven at swordcoast.net
Tue Jun 12 13:53:37 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007, Dana Jansens wrote:
> I wonder if you could be so kind to try Openbox with this patch, and
> let me know how it works for you.

Hey, many thanks. I applied the patch, though I had to fix one hunk against
3.4.2 src tgz in event.c. This is how it looks now:

void event_cancel_all_key_grabs()
{
    if (keyboard_interactively_grabbed()) {
        keyboard_interactive_cancel();
        ob_debug("KILLED interactive event\n");
    } else if (menu_frame_visible) {
        menu_frame_hide_all();
        ob_debug("KILLED open menus\n");
    } else if (grab_on_keyboard()) {
        ungrab_keyboard();
        ob_debug("KILLED active grab on keyboard\n");
    } else
        ungrab_passive_key();
}

Things improved somehow. It now does not, after ~30min of testing, lock up
completely. However, it just did now lock up upon clicking (focus by
mouse-has-focus) coming from a open terminal window. I held alt and moved the
window by some pixel, and it instantly worked again. I switched back to the
terminal, and back to NWN, and locked again. Closing the terminal window
un-locked the game window, too.

It does not seem to deadlock half as often as before. This feels nearly
useable.

I can't seem to reproduce it now, though. How very vexing.

I wonder if its a problem with stupid coding in NWN, or is it some general wm
issue? In any case, many thanks for your help in this issue.

Regards,
Bernhard