[openbox] Issues with Openbox 3.4

Matt Manzel mmanzel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 10:06:38 EDT 2007

Dana Jansens wrote:
>> ** Tilda (tilda.sf.net)
>> When tilda is activated, it no longer takes the focus like it is
>> supposed to.
>
> Tilda has been broken and it hasn't gotten any better.  It actually
> doesn't run for me now.  I'm not sure why.  It won't run in Xnest on
> its own either.  So I can't comment on this, but I'm curious about
> what it's doing wrong - no other programs have trouble taking focus.

It doesn't run for me, either, unless I change some settings. In order
to persuade it to stop crashing I had to specify the shell I wanted to
use in the "Run custom command" box. It is not the most elegant
application. It seems like it would have been easier/simpler/more useful
if they just made a generic sliding dock that could swallow any application.

And thanks Dana and peter for the help and addressing my questions. Some
of the fixes to focus handling are just a bit jarring at first because
things behave differently than before. I'm sure I'll get used to it, though.