[openbox] C-A key combinations not working with openbox 3.3.995

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:00:40 EDT 2007

On 17:49 Tue 05 Jun     , Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
> >>I've been long using openbox 3.2 and just decided to give the new
> >>previews a try. However I found out, that my Keyboard command with
> >>Control-Alt do not work, for example:
> >>
> >><keybind key="C-A-c">
> >> <action name="Execute">
> >> <execute>xterm</execute>
> >></action>
> >></keybind>
> >>
> >>This is simply ignored. If I change the key to "S-A-c" it works. Is
> >>this a bug or is the C-A modified unsupported?
> >
> >Check if you already have another binding for C-A-c. (or A-C-c).
>
> Checked again, but there are not double assignments. In fact none of the
> C-A keybindings work. I did some more testing on other keybinding, and
> it seems that all bindings involving C don't work (as if opendox does
> not receive/recognize the Ctrl key).

Attaching your rc.xml (double check that it's the one you're using!)
would help.

Try switching to the default rc.xml.  I'm pretty sure it has some
Ctrl+Alt bindings.  If those work, then you can skip the rest of this
message---your config file is broken somewhere.

> Is there a way to debug the keyboard event in openbox?

Let's debug your X settings first---open xev and hit these key
combinations and send us the results:

Ctrl
Alt
Shift