Using Next/PreviousWindow with client-list-combined-menu

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Jun 5 04:03:32 EDT 2007

   I find myself not too happy about the dialog the Next/PreviousWindow
  pops up since it more often than not is just a long row of Xterm icons
  which all look the same.  In order to find the window I want, I have to
  cylce through all of them, looking for the window with the title I'm
  looking for.

   The client-list-combined-menu is much nicer, as it shows all the
  window titles at once, allowing me to spot the window I want to focus
  immediately and go straight for it.  However, since it's a menu, I have
  to always scroll down to the window I want and press enter, so it's a
  bit inefficient, especially for all other desktops than the first one.

   I'd like to replace the Next/PreviousWindow with one that looks just
  like client-list-combined-menu.  It could behave just the same as the
  current popup, maybe only that it should be to reverse the direction of
  stepping after the popup has been shown (which also applies now, if I
  press Alt and step through the list with Tab ten times instead of nine
  which I intended, it's as far as I know no way to undo the last step),
  and that also it should be possible to sort the menu by desktop
  linearly first, then order the windows in each desktop section by last
  focused time (just like client-list-combined-menu does now).  If using
  allDesktops=yes, of course, with that one set to no only the current
  one should be shown.

   Is this possible?

Regards
--