[openbox] [RELEASE] Openbox 3.4.3 and ObConf 2.0.2 ... however ...

Clay Barnes clay at hci-matters.com
Tue Jul 24 21:05:05 EDT 2007

On 16:27 Tue 24 Jul     , Dana Jansens wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> >On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:32:37 +0100
> >Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> >> Just to confirm this compiles and installs without problems on debian
> >> etch (64bit)
> >>
> >> My existing configuration seems to be untouched.
> >>
> >> Very nice work guys :)
> >
> >I find the action of dragging a window across desktops a bit strange.
> >It is easy to not realise you have actually shifted to a new one as the
> >window you are dragging stays in the same relative position.
> >
> >All the ones I've seen before (including the old version for openbox)
> >give the illusion of sliding from one desktop to the next so if you
> >drag to the right (say) when the switch is made you are coming in from
> >the left. This is the action I would prefer. I wonder what others think.
>
> That makes it impossible to move over more than one desktop without a
> huge amount of mouse moving.  Having something display when you switch
> desktops might alleviate this confusion.

Also, for those of us who use tablets, the drag across desktops breaks
horribly.  We hit the edge of the WS then the mouse is put at the
opposite edge and thrown back within a few milliseconds which
activates the next flip, and so on as fast as the CPU can handle.

--
Clay Barnes

Website:
http://www.hci-matters.com