[openbox] New kid on the block

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Jul 7 17:11:25 EDT 2007

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 14:02:08 +0100
Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:49:57 -0400
> "Dana Jansens" <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

> > Please upgrade.  We even provide an etch deb.
>
> Thanks for your very quick answers. I can't seem to find a 64bit
> deb version so I will try compiling from source as soon as I get time!

OK, got this all and compiled it OK. One small point, you mention
xlibs-dev as a dependency in the install instructions. In debian etch
there is only xlib-static-dev so I installed that just in case.

Are there variations on the way apps define their window opening
positions?

I generally want them opening centre screen, but openbox sometimes seems
to make up it's own mind where they will be placed. I can't pin this
down to an always repeatable situation.

One that is always correct is ClawsMail

--
Will J Godfrey