[openbox] help: tweaking openbox

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Dec 11 06:57:18 EST 2007

* muzzle

>  - ob steals the right-click on the desktop to show its menu, so I
> can't get the context menu on the desktop icons.

Look for this in rc.xml:

1  <mouse>
2    <context name="Root">
3      <mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
4        <action name="ShowMenu">
5          <menu>root-menu</menu>
6        </action>
7      </mousebind>
8    </context>
9  </mouse>

Try removing lines 3-7, inclusive?

>  - I use focus under mouse and I would like ob to rise a window only
> if I click on the titlebar, is it possible? (currently all I got is
> rise-on-click)

Also in rc.xml:

<mouse>
  <context name="Client">
    <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
      <action name="Focus"/>
      <action name="Raise"/>
    </mousebind>
    <mousebind button="Middle" action="Press">
      <action name="Focus"/>
      <action name="Raise"/>
    </mousebind>
    <mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
      <action name="Focus"/>
      <action name="Raise"/>
    </mousebind>
  </context>
</mouse>

...try to remove the lines containing «Raise» (or if there's just one

>  - is there a way to get ob to focus new windows only if they are
> children (popups) of the currently focused window?

Don't know, sorry.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson