[openbox] Actions: Move

Marc Schuba Marc.Schuba at gmx.de
Wed Aug 15 09:59:03 EDT 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:47:20 +0200, Josh Glover <jmglov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/08/07, Marc Schuba <marc.schuba at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm talking about this action [1]. A friend of mine asked
>> whether it is possible to map the arrow keys for moving
>> the window to some other keys i.e. hjkl for vim-style behavior.
>
> That would be cool. If your friend is using a laptop, he may enjoy the
> fact that he can move windows about with the trackpad in interactive
> move mode. I just discovered this a few days ago (when I upgraded from
> Openbox 3 to 4, I bet that behaviour is new in 4) and love it.
>
> Otherwise, your friend should probably just define a chain based on
> his interactive move keybinding that uses the MoveRelative action to
> nudge the window. Let me know if you need an example of this (I'll
> have to read the docs for five minutes, and my wife is calling me to
> supper just now). :)

The point is that my friend is currently using fluxbox, but is willing
to change to openbox, if the mapping I described earlier is working. I
already told him about the possibility of chaining, but he insisted on his
argument. I think he's right to some point: why not make the keys configureable?
As Alex Yan stated, it is appreciated in other actions, too.