[openbox] Raise Windows while switching

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:18:39 EDT 2007

On 22:18 Fri 27 Apr     , share at id.ru wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:39:28 +0200
>  "Tanjeff-N. Moos" <tanjeff at not-another-server.net>
> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >is there a possibility in OpenBox to raise windows while
> >switching with
> >ALT-TAB? I'd prefer to see the Window rather than the
> >little dialog box.
> >
> >Tanjeff
>
> everybody must use superswitcher, cause it rocks with
> openbox http://code.google.com/p/superswitcher/

...You are aware that essentially all of that functionality is already
available in OB3, right?  I've actually been using similar controls to
that for quite some time (and I can change mine to be non-colliding
with other programs), minus some of the rather more exodic mouse
bindings and the alt-tab (sort of) previewer.

It seems like rather severe overkill to pass all the switching
behaviour to an external program, considering that OB3 already does so
little (In the good way!).  Of course, to each his own.

--
Clay Barnes