[openbox] resize maximized windows

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:39:38 EDT 2007

On 09:31 Wed 11 Apr     , Tanjeff-N. Moos wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is there a way to resize maximized windows? I searched the web and
> especially your pages, but found nothing.

In a word:  no.

In a sentence---the idea of maximization is that it's a state where
the window cannot fill the screen more (or less) completely.  If you
could resize the window, that state would lose its meaning.  I know
you are referring to toggling out of maximized state when you resize,
and I am sure changing the code to support this wouldn't be too hard
(or even crafting a clever rc.xml might be possible).  Whether that
kind of change gets into mainline, I don't control (or know), but you
might offer it if you write it.

--
Clay Barnes