[openbox] wishlist: tabbed windows

Doug Whiteley dougwhiteley at gmail.com
Mon May 8 08:40:22 EDT 2006

On Mon, 8 May 2006 14:23:48 +0200
muzzle <muzzle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am impressed by the tabbed window function that fluxbox implemented
> (http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/features/tabs.php). I wonder how easy
> (how hard) would it be to implement this in my choice window manager
> (openbox).
> I think it would be a great feature, what do you think?

I certainly hate to be negative, but in my opinion the lack of tabbed windows is just another of openbox's advantages over flux. Tabbed windows, rounded corners, menu icons, built-in transparency? These are the domain of flux. Openbox is a simpler, more elegant beast. Or so I like to think.

--
Doug Whiteley