[openbox] Run dialog

Rafal Muzylo merlin at ds2.uw.edu.pl
Mon Jun 12 16:00:17 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:37:18AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> The other week, I wrote a little shellcode and made a keybinding to turn
> my terminal and zsh into the fastest and bestest run dialog ever.
> rc.xml:
>   <keybind key="W-r">
>     <action name="execute"><execute>sh -c 'ZSHRUN=1 urxvt -geometry
>     100x5+335+446'</execute></action>
>   </keybind>
>
> .zshrc:
> #change the part where you assign HISTFILE to this
> if [[ -n "$ZSHRUN" ]]
> then
>   HISTFILE=~/.zrunhistory
> else
>   HISTFILE=~/.history
> fi
>
> #put this somewhere
> if [[ -n "$ZSHRUN" ]]; then
>   unset ZSHRUN
>   function _accept_and_quit() {
>     zsh -c "${BUFFER}" &|
>     exit
>   }
>   zle -N _accept_and_quit
>   bindkey "^M" _accept_and_quit
> fi
> #if you want to run a command, like cd, without closing the dialog, you
> #can press ctrl-j instead.
>
> #if you have any time consuming commands or ones that print info about new
> #mail etc, wrap them like this:
> if [[ ! -n "$ZSHRUN" ]]; then
>   echo hi
>   PS1=elaborate\ prompt
> else
>   PS1="zshrun %~> "
> fi

Are there any major changes needed, if you want to use that with bash,
cause I'm using gmrun too, and though the slow part I can handle, it's
something else that is a problem. I often need to run a program with
some shell variable set (most often it's LD_LIBRARY_PATH), and gmrum
does not allow it. BTW. I'm using urxvt too (like it, too).

--
Regards,
Rafał Mużyło