Best way to programmatically toggle decorations?

Gary Scharf gscharf at getwellnetwork.com
Thu Jun 8 16:05:26 EDT 2006

What's the best/simplest approach to programmatically setting the decorated/undecorated state of a window?

I've considered 3 methods:

-wmctrl: I'd hoped that setting properties would be noticed and acted upon by openbox, but I've either not found the property, or this approach isn't going to work

-Key stuffing: Another method might be to map a keystroke to the toggledecorations action, but I'm not sure by what method I might do that. It'd also be nicer to be able to explicitly set the desired state, though I guess I could query for it via xprop.

-Hacking the openbox source to expose the functionality.

-Something else I'd not thought of?

Thanks in advance.