[openbox] new xdg menu pipemenu

David Barr david at chalkskeletons.com
Thu Jun 1 08:53:36 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 11:47 +0100, David Barr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some gentleman sent me an email about a xdg pipe menu for openbox, i
> haven't tested it yet but it sounds awesome, i put it up on my
> increasingly neglected script pages, to the best of my knowledge he
> hasn't it hosted anywhere?
>
> http://david.chalkskeletons.com/scripts.html
>
> Anyway I thought it might be of interest as it is in c so should be
> super quick? it also requires libgnome.

There appears to be some issues building this, i think i added

#include <gnome-menus/gmenu-tree.h>

to replace

#include <gmenu-tree.h>

don't know if that works, it does for me :)

also you need to run it like so:

obx-xdgmenu ~/.config/menus/applications.menu

or whatever your menu files is, it does not split into submenus which
would be nice, but maybe it will get added later?

David