[openbox] rc.xml

Henrik Enberg henrik.enberg at telia.com
Tue Feb 28 21:55:14 EST 2006

lostson <lostson at lostsonsvault.org> writes:

> Hey All
>  Im trying to edit my rc.xml file so that window placement is under the
> mouse like i normally use. Obconf is not working for me anymore. So does
> anyone know the correct config option for this? In the rc.xml file it
> looks like this
>
> <placement>
>   <policy>Mouse_Pointer</policy>
> </placement>

That should be "UnderMouse".  The file $PREDIX/share/openbox/rc.xsd has
a list of valid config options (in a rather obtuse way).

>  Also does anyone know the way to fix the Obconf problem. It will not
> close with the close button provided and when closing with the window
> deco it does not save the config. The error i get is this
>
> (obconf:22037): libglade-WARNING **: could not find signal handler
> 'on_dock_float_y_value_changed'.

I've never used Obconf, but it looks like the glade file is messed up.
I suggest you try to reinstall.

glade files are xml files that describe the layout of the ui created
with the glade ui bulder.