[openbox] icons in menu

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Fri Feb 24 06:49:10 EST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, dams wrote:

> Mikael Magnusson a écrit :

>>> There's allready icons on the top windows bars. Why not simply use
>>> thems, it will be automatic and users will not have to configur its
>>> manually (there's allready a bit to much things to do manually).
>>

>> You want the icon for a program in the menu to appear after you start
>> the program? I don't quite see the use for that.
>>
>> --
>> Mikael Magnusson
>
> Maybe there's a way to use them before, or to use the gtk icons theme.
> I've got more than one hundred programs in the menu, thanks.

If you use a menu generated from the freedesktop menu system, you'd get
the paths to the installed png's for free. You're welcome. And the icons
in the window titlebars are hardcoded in (or loaded by) the program in
question, and then sent as a raw pixmap over the X protocol. There's no
way to use it for anything else.

--
Mikael Magnusson