[openbox] a few question (fwd)

David Barr david at chalkskeletons.com
Wed Feb 22 14:07:45 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 05:52 -0800, Adam Gent wrote:
> You might want to try the new blackbox since it is now netwm compliant,
> supports pipe menus and many other things I wish openbox had (window
> snapping in ob2 but not ob3)...

what?

> there is very little superficial
> differences between blackbox and openbox

ok...?

> other than blackbox never
> renders pixmaps

well...

> which I believe is what you are looking for and its
> more configurable because of its maturity.

oh dear, oh dear...

historically this is where i will make a scene, like a deranged lunatic
kicking and screaming about various things, then i get the "hey stop
being a jerk mail" - however i am at peace with the world these days.

please feel free to use blackbox, it is a very nice windowmanager,
please feel free to buy battery farm eggs instead of free range, drink
half fat milk as well as full fat, please feel free to chose your
religion freely, or not as the case may be, wear a jumper if you are
cold, feel free to drink from the bottle - you can do all these things
and not share them on this list.

now lets take care of business:

> --- GreenPsy <greenpsy at mail.ru> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 22 February 2006 06:58, Spam wrote:
> >
> > > May I interject one question regarding this?
> > > Why would you want to focus on a window that you didn't want
> > un-shaded?
> > > Based on my experience, a window isn't unshaded unless you stop the
> > > 'alt+tab' process on that window. Am I mistaken?
> >
> > Well, i think you right, and this question maybe closed, im find a
> > way, so all
> > ok!
> >
> > But this is yet not solved:

> > when you
> >
> > You know.... im use openbox instead of KDEWM :) And when i switching
> > (by
> > alt+tab) between windows, i see enlarge icons (supplied with
> > applications),
> > but these icons look ugly... So i want to disable mapping icons. I
> > don't need
> > them. Im enough to see the name of window.

yes some icons are rather ugly, this is often because the icon provided
by the client is ugly, i mostly just use gnome so most of teh icons are
actually rather nice :)

> > If this is not possible by changing options in config file, it
> > possible to
> > change source code :)
> >
> > Im asking: where?

i think the code you want is in popup.c

it would be nice to have this as an option, you can turn off the icons
in the menu in the rc file,
<menu>
 <desktopMenuIcons>no</desktopMenuIcons>
</menu>

you could probably do some cut and pasting?