[openbox] OB not rendering all items in a menu when moused over fast

Troy Curtis Jr troycurtisjr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:45:45 EST 2006

I was just playing with it and it actually took me a minute to even figure
out what you were talking about.  It seemed to behave perfectly for me.
Then I realized if I really looked for it, it did not render each submenu as
I passed over it.

Now, to me this make sense...why waste time rendering something the user
doesn't want.  Because at least on my system it has be really fast to even
notice the effect.  Or maybe I just don't have big enough menus to have the
effect be annoying.

It seems to me like you actually want to put some delay on it, albiet very
small, especially when you get into pipe menus because on a slow system
(mine is only 1Ghz with 256 MB ram) those extra instructions might cause it
drag.

Just my opinion. Of course I'm the same guy who thinks you ought to be able
to click and drag maximized windows around...so what do I know?

Troy

--
"Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser." - USA Today
Download now at http://getfirefox.com