Question about obpager

David Courtney blixel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:51:38 EST 2006

I've been using fbpanel's pager for a while ... (because I have also
been using fbpanel to give myself "quick launch" icons.)  Lately, I've
been thinking I don't really need the "quick launch" icons.  The OB
Desktop menu is good enough.

I realize I can use fbpanel's pager by itself, but I was thinking I
would use a different pager.  obpager seemed like the logical choice.
The problem I'm having with obpager is that it doesn't start
automatically from my ~/.xinitrc

I specify "obpager &" in my ~/.xinitrc like I do with my other dock
apps, but it doesn't start.  (Or .. probably more accurately, it
starts and then exits before the openbox binary executable runs.  But
that is just a guess.)

If I run obpager *after* OB is up and running, it works with no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there another alternative to
obpager that someone can recommend?