[openbox] which distro?

Nathan Fisher nfisher at grafpup.com
Wed Dec 20 21:18:54 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 23:36 -0500, mike obrien wrote:
> just curious which distro most of you use?   have you tried openbox on a
> number of them, and which one did you get the best performance on?
>
> fuscia

I use it in Puppy (my own hot rodded version, that is), Slackware 11,
and Grafpup, where it will shortly be the default WM. No problems
anywhere I've tried it, although a few distros were nicer than others.
Debian autogenerated a menu for it, which was nice. Works nice on my old
333mhz lappy, with Slackware and minimal gui apps. Really brings the
thing to life. In all cases I usually run it with a ROX pinboard and
either lxpanel or no panel at all (used to use fbpanel, but lxpanel is
nicer).

Nathan